Conemaugh Internal Medicine Residency Application Process
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center’s Internal Medicine Residency Program participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) from the Association of American Medical Colleges. We cannot sponsor H1-B visas into our program. We do sponsor J-1 visas.
Once the candidate's application and credentials have been reviewed and/or approved, the Program Coordinator will invite the candidate for an interview with the Program Director and faculty members. All interviews for 2020 will be conducted through ZOOM due to COVID 19. Personal interviews are by invitation only and required for acceptance to the program.
Preferred Application Requirements
- APPLICATIONS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED THROUGH ERAS
- Three (3) letters of recommendation are required
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official medical school transcript
- Dean's letter - MSPE
- COMLEX scores Part I and II CE & PE or USMLE Part 1 & 2 CK & CS
- Virtual interviews are conducted during November, Dcember & January
- Number of Positions: 7 Categorical and 4 Preliminary
- If you are not able to take USMLE Step 2 CS in 2020, you must be ECFMG Certified through one of the pathways outlined by ECFMG
- Medical School Transcript First Class; at least a 70% average
- US clinical experience of at least one month
- J1 visas are sponsored
- Three letters of recommendation are required and at least one must be from your US clinical experience
ZOOM Interviews with the Program Director and the Associate Program Director or a Faculty Member
- We receive an overwhelming number of applications and have limited interview slots; therefore we are not able to offer an interview to every applicant despite meeting the guidlines.
- Preferred guidelines are subject to change.
- Emergency Medicine Residency
- Family Medicine Residency
- General Surgery Residency
- Internal Medicine Residency
- Medical Students
- Pharmacy Residency
- Psychology Internship
- Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Graduate Residents 2022